TIP #1: Improve your Keyword Research
When I published a post on FB with this pain of mine, asking for some help on what else can I work on, literally all comments say KEYWORD RESEARCH. Keyword research is something I’ve been working on a lot and it’s, obviously, the main point of the whole SEO thing. Anyhow, if you are trying to reach a bigger audience and improve your SEO score, improving your keyword research to the max, could make or break it for you.
Here are some of the most common mistakes:
- You don’t do a keyword search
- You try to rank for too popular keywords
- You use short keywords instead of longer phrases
- You’re trying to rank for too wide niche (FOCUS!)
- When your SEO results are failing, it’s worth taking the time and really researching what you’ve been doing so far and how you can improve your efforts.
TIP #2 Don’t avoid guest blogging
First of all, you have to write for sites with high Domain Authority. You can check DA for free with several online sites. With “high”, I’d mean at least 30. The more – the better.
You have to write A LOT. Have you ever gotten one of those (rather annoying) emails from someone who just wants to post on your blog? Imagine, how many such requests they send out daily… And how many guest posts they can write… Even if you manage to create 3 guest posts per week, it’s HUGE.
The content needs to be of high quality. There’s no use in writing if you can’t be proud of your created post. I mean, sure, it’s still nice to get yourself linked even if your post is average. But high-quality post can lead you to even more writing options and improve your credibility.
I’d like to say that it’s hard. It feels like a waste of time (I mean, why would you want to produce the content for someone else while you could do it for your own blog?!). But, at the end of the day, it really is important.
TIP #3 Reconsider using Yoast SEO
Let me say you this. I have loved Yoast SEO plugin TONS. But for years, I have also heard how more well-seasoned bloggers warn you about not getting too much into it. It has 50/50 reviews: those who have tried it, love it and consider it being better than Yoast SEO. Those who haven’t tried it don’t trust its newness. So here’s the deal. Rank Math is a plugin that is just recently created. In early 2018 it was in beta testing mode and only at the very end of 2018, it became accessible to the public.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Rank Math:
- It has more in-depth suggestions for your keywords
- You can use more than one keyword and analyze your posts’ performance (all for free!)
- You can have on-site analytics and follow your SEO performance, without using Google Analytics
- It’s just as easy and fun to use as Yoast SEO but it’s giving even more suggestions
- You can import all of your Yoast SEO settings as well as connect it with Google
TIP #4: Write longer posts
SEO experts suggest aiming for at least 2000 word long posts. In Rank Math, you can also see your SEO score improving with every 500 new words or so. Here’s a simple truth – SEO is based on an algorithm that rarely anyone can fully hack. Yes, there are professional tips and tricks on the topic, yet some of us try and yet our SEO results are failing, again, again and again. To break this vicious cycle, I suggest to be patient and really TRY all you possibly can. Analyze results and see where it leads you.
Anyone can rank in Search Engines, as long as you’re providing high-quality content.